RSVP / Senior Corps
Senior Corps/RSVP is a nationwide volunteer program which invites adults age 55 and over to use their life experience and skills to answer the call of their neighbors in need. RSVP volunteers help solve serious problems in their communities.
Today’s adults are busy, productive people. After retirement, many RSVP volunteers use their experience to keep active in ways that make a difference for those in need.
As an RSVP volunteer, you will receive:
- Free volunteer placement
- The opportunity to use your experience and skills
- The chance to learn something new every day
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference
- Bi-monthly newsletter
- Invitations to special events
RSVP invites you to put your experience to work solving problems close to home. Whether teaching children or adults to read, creating a recycling program, or providing much-needed support to non-profit agencies, RSVP volunteers are making their communities stronger.
Among their many accomplishments, RSVP volunteers:
- Distribute food to the homeless and those in need
- Build housing for low-income neighbors
- Help local law enforcement make communities safer
- Change lives by mentoring and tutoring young people and/or adults
- Visit residents in long term care facilities
- Volunteer at a variety of community events
In 2011, El Dorado Connections/RSVP volunteers gave56,423 service hours to help strengthen our local community. These 235 volunteers made a difference!
Getting involved is the key to RSVP. Your hard work can solve problems, and you will even get back more than you give.